Friday 26 October 2018

25 October 2018 – Gata Soldates

Fourteen of us met in Gata on a warm, sunny morning
I was looking forward to this walk, which we have not done for 18 months
Oh the joy of the mobile telephone……….
David normally leads this walk, but agreed to let me do it so that I can confirm the route on my satnav
Although I have walked this route many times, I had never led it before
Nick was also using his satnav, and we compared notes
He follows the whole route on his satnav, I use the waymarks as cairns, but both methods work well

For some of the group this was their first attempt to climb Soldates
Alan found this cross like item and has now become the official group standard bearer
I have known this walk as Soldates for more than twelve years

Nick told me it is actually Dels Serrellars, which is confirmed by the new sign post
However it will always be Soldates to me

The track was easy to follow, much improved by a particularly large cairn

Despite this we took much longer than normal to complete the walk
It was almost six hours when we got back to Gata, nearly an hour longer than usual

However no one complained, all were just glad to reach the bar at last

There are more photographs of the walk in the video slideshow.
Click below and turn the volume up
 
 
Map of Walk

Stats
Distance –12 km
Time Taken – 5.5 hours
Total Ascent – 442 metres
Total Steps - 17000

No comments:

Post a Comment